This is a recipe that I have shown pictures of multiple times on my social media and every time I post about it, I get messages asking for the recipe so I decided I finally just needed to make a blog post of it! I have made this dip so much this summer because seriously so many people request for me to make it! It is a super easy recipe to make, uses 4 ingredients, takes no time to put together, and is pretty much a guaranteed hit wherever you are bringing it!
While it isn’t the healthiest dessert recipe, I am still working to tweak it a bit to make it better macros for the future for those of you who may be tracking!
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of Milk
- Graham Crackers, Animal Crackers, Teddy Grahams, Vanilla Wafers, Fruit, etc. to serve with
- Add all Cool Whip and Cream Cheese to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth (easiest with a KitchenAid Mixer but a hand mixer would be fine too!)
- Add in the dry Funfetti Cake Mix and gradually add milk while mixing (I typically end up using 1/4 cup of milk but to make the dip a little looser, add milk until it gets to the consistency that you like!)
- Serve with whatever you would like to dip in it! I love using animal crackers and I will also occasionally just eat a spoonful of it alone!
A Few Extra Tips
- When packaging the dip to store in your fridge, do not fill the tupperware to the brim. The dip will expand and I have had the lid pop off while it is in the fridge! If this happens, it is totally okay, I usually just end up scooping off the part of the dip that was on top and may have gotten a little hard, but the rest of it is completely fine!
- While it may seem like a good idea to stir in extra sprinkles, try to fight the urge! Adding other sprinkles while mixing it will cause the dip to turn colors and will lose it’s pretty white base. If you don’t mind the color from the sprinkles running though and aren’t in it for aesthetic appearance, ADD THOSE EXTRA SPRINKLES GIRLFRIEND!
- Extra sprinkles on top right when you are serving is always a great idea
Seriously guys, that’s it! It is so simple and easy to make!
The below nutrition facts are based on the ingredients that I used (Lite Cool Whip, Reduced Fat Milk, and Lower Fat Cream Cheese) so the nutrition facts may vary based on which versions of products you use. The information below is also for the dip alone, not for what you have chosen to serve with the dip.
- Servings: 15
- Calories per Serving: 179
- Total Fat: 6.3g
- Total Carbs: 28.8g
- Sugar: 14.1g
- Protein: 1.9g
As I mentioned, this is not a “healthy” dessert. This is just a dessert that I get lots of requests for and wanted to share with all of you! All good things in moderation right?!
If you do make this recipe, I would love for you to share pictures and your thoughts with me!